Portfolio - Woburn Rumbled
Start of excavation for a driveway in Biggleswade using Bradstone Woburn rumbled in Autumn.
What to expect from Heritage Construction:
- A professional and friendly service from initial visit through to contract completion.
- Full third party, public and employers liability insurance.
- Pro-active communications of the job progression with customer comments and feedback invited.
- A safe and tidy site acknowledging Health & Safety regulations, with work areas left clear and tidy on contract completion.
For block paving driveways:
- The area is fully excavated to a minimum of 230mm below the finished level, taking into account the Damp Proof Course.
- A grab lorry with full operating licence and appropriate waste disposal license is used to dispose of waste material.
- Sub base is levelled and compacted.
- Type 1 Roadstone/MOT is laid, 130mm deep, (for environmental reasons we support the use of recycled aggregates). The Type 1 Roadstone is the thoroughly compacted using a plate compactor.
- At this stage any necessary drainage is installed.
- All outer blocks/kerbs are then laid on a lean mix concrete bed and haunched behind.
- A 40mm compacted bed of sharp sand is then laid.
- Inner blocks/kerbs are then laid over the compacted and levelled sand, taking into consideration falls for drainage and/or water soak away.
- All angles and cuts are made using a professional block splitter.
- After the blocks are installed the joints are swept in with kiln dried sand and compacted a final time.