Portfolio - Block Paving Driveway
Old railway sleeper retaining walls
Large driveway and front hardstanding area using Bradstone's Autumn Colour Standard Block Paving and old railway sleepers for retaining walls and raised bed.
What to expect from Heritage Construction:
- A professional and friendly service from initial visit through to contract completion.
- Full third party, public and employers liability insurance.
- Pro-active communications of the job progression with customer comments and feedback invited.
- A safe and tidy site acknowledging Health & Safety regulations, with work areas left clear and tidy on contract completion.
For block paving driveways:
- The area is fully excavated to a minimum of 230mm below the finished level, taking into account the Damp Proof Course.
- A grab lorry with full operating licence and appropriate waste disposal license is used to dispose of waste material.
- Sub base is levelled and compacted.
- Type 1 Roadstone/MOT is laid, 130mm deep, (for environmental reasons we support the use of recycled aggregates). The Type 1 Roadstone is the thoroughly compacted using a plate compactor.
- At this stage any necessary drainage is installed.
- All outer blocks/kerbs are then laid on a lean mix concrete bed and haunched behind.
- A 40mm compacted bed of sharp sand is then laid.
- Inner blocks/kerbs are then laid over the compacted and levelled sand, taking into consideration falls for drainage and/or water soak away.
- All angles and cuts are made using a professional block splitter.
- After the blocks are installed the joints are swept in with kiln dried sand and compacted a final time.