Portfolio - Patio of Silver Blue Sandstone
Large silver blue paving slabs to make up patio and steps across several levels and wooden sleepers to form raised beds.
"Friendly & polite men. Very comfortable with them around the house. Transformed our garden. A good price and a very happy customer." Louise Hills
What to expect from Heritage Construction:
- A professional and friendly service from initial visit through to contract completion.
- Full third party, public and employers liability insurance.
- Pro-active communications of the job progression with customer comments and feedback invited.
- A safe and tidy site acknowledging Health & Safety regulations, with work areas left clear and tidy on contract completion.
For slab paving:
- The area is fully excavated to a minimum of 175mm below the finished level, taking into account the Damp Proof Course.
- A grab lorry with full operating licence and appropriate waste disposal license is used to dispose of waste material.
- Sub base is levelled and compacted.
- Type 1 Roadstone is laid, 70mm deep. The Type 1 Roadstone is the thoroughly compacted using a plate compactor.
- At this stage any necessary drainage is installed.
- All outer blocks/kerbs are then laid on a lean mix concrete bed and haunched behind.
- Slabs are laid on a full sand/cement mortar bed of 65mm taking into consideration falls for drainage and/or water soak away.
- All angles and cuts are made using a professional block splitter.
- Joints are finally hand pointed and struck smoothly with a jointing iron.